From 1 June 2021 you can submit your film – fiction and documentary – for the Movies that Matter Festival 2022.
The Movies that Matter Festival 2022 will take place from March 25th till April 3rd, 2022 in The Hague and online. In order to submit your film, it must meet a number of criteria:
- The fee for submission is €20 per film.
- Documentaries and feature films finalised in 2021/2022 or still have the World- or European premiere available due to Covid-19 are eligible to submit.
- Movies should be at least 52 minutes. We do not accept short films but we cooperate with GoShort Nijmegen, and you can submit with them via www.goshort.nl.
- Films are submitted complete with English commentary and/or English dialogue or in the original version with English subtitles.
- Selected films can only be shown at the festival if they have English commentary and/or English dialogue, or in the original version with English subtitles.
- Films should be submitted for final screening at the festival on DCP.
- Film submission is possible until November 21st, 2021.
- If a submitted film does not match the requirements stated above, a refund of the submission fee is not guaranteed.
Read the complete rules and regulations (pdf) before starting to submit your film.
Subscribe to our Industry newsletter or follow our Movies that Matter Industry & Press page on Facebook to be informed of deadlines.