From 1 June 2022 you can submit your film – fiction and documentary – for the Movies that Matter Festival 2023.
The Movies that Matter Festival 2023 will take place from March 24th till April 1st, 2023 in The Hague and other satellite cities. In order to submit your film, it must meet a number of criteria:
- The fee for submission is €20 per film.
- Documentaries and feature films finalized in 2022/2023 are eligible to submit.
- Movies should be at least 52 minutes. We do not accept short films but we cooperate with GoShort Nijmegen, and you can submit with them via goshort.nl.
- Films are submitted complete with English commentary and/or English dialogue or in the original version with English subtitles.
- Selected films can only be shown at the festival if they have English commentary and/or English dialogue, or in the original version with English subtitles.
- Films should be submitted for final screening at the festival on DCP.
- Film submission is possible until November 21st, 2022.
- If a submitted film does not match the requirements stated above, a refund of the submission fee is not guaranteed.
Read the complete rules and regulations (pdf) before starting to submit your film.
Subscribe to our Industry newsletter or follow our Movies that Matter Industry page on Facebook to be informed of deadlines.