From June 1st until 19th November 2023, you can submit your fiction and documentary film for the Movies that Matter Festival 2024.
The Movies that Matter Festival 2024 will take place from 22 – 30 March 2024 in The Hague and several satellite cities. In order to be eligible for submission, your film must meet a number of criteria:
- The payment of the submission fee:
||1 June – 9 July 2023
||10 July – 15 October 2023
||16 October – 19 November 2023
- Only documentaries and feature films finalised or with a premiere in 2023/2024 are eligible to submit.
- All lengths are accepted.
- Movies already released in Dutch cinemas, broadcasted on Dutch television, or available online for free are not eligible for submission. Films available on paid online platforms are eligible to submit.
- Films must be submitted with English commentary and/or English dialogue or in the original version with English subtitles.
- Selected films can only be shown at the festival if they have English commentary and/or English dialogue, or if they are in the original version with English subtitles.
- Films should be submitted as DCP for screening at the festival.
- Film submission is possible until November 19, 2023.
- If a submitted film does not match the requirements stated above, a refund of the submission fee is not guaranteed.
- The outcome of the final selection will be announced at the end of February 2024.
Read the complete rules and regulations before starting to submit your film.
Subscribe to our Industry newsletter, follow us on LinkedIn or like our Movies that Matter Industry page on Facebook to be informed of deadlines.